Joshua and I don’t work from home a lot – but we do love our gadgets for fun and entertainment. We have a spare bedroom in our current apartment to use as our shared office room/ study- it is a luxury for us – so I would love to have this place fully functional so that I can do my craft work and Joshua can do his browsing and take work calls.
When I was doing my recent round up Top Picks post for a blue, aqua and yellow home office – I was thinking of what exactly we wanted and need to complete our home office and make it usable. I think I would go for a white, blue, green and black home office because that is one of my favorite color schemes from childhood. Since it is a rental house we can’t paint the walls but I would love to do that when we have a house of our own.
Home Office Wish List
Our office room has plenty of storage space in the wall cupboard – what it seriously lacks however is furniture and organization to get it usable Here is my list of stuff I dreamed up for my dream home office- in order of importance because I’m crazy like that 🙂
- A Metal Desk / Wooden Desk with black finish
- Chairs – I would love two cane chairs painted in a cool and refreshing blue/ green
- A Wall clock – probably a green one just like the red (see it in action in our living room) and yellow ones we own
- from Home Centre by Lifestyle.
- A wastebasket
- A white/black board
- Fun-cushions for josh and me – but nothing too flowery
- Pen stand
- A Pin board
- Wall Decor – A row of 4 same-sized photo frames with art
- Window Sill Decor
- Storage Basket
- File Holder
- A small plant – cactus/ succulent perhaps?
Do you have a home office/ work space??How would you decorate it? What are the 5 must-have decor items you would suggest to me for my home office?
I would love to see pictures of your work space or hear from your about your plans for your home office.