2014 is all about forming new “good” habits for me. I have made some significant changes to my daily routine and I hope that I can continue with it. From December when I had the Hormonal problems, my skin took a big hit. By big hit I mean it became awful! Since starting my new products my skin has been behaving quite well , so I thought I’d do a ‘routine’ post to remind myself of the routine and how to continue it.
The Routine I follow: I use this twice a day – once in the morning after my bath and once at night just before I get to bed. I do not use any other soaps or face washes on my skin during my bath.
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Wash: I use a pea sized amount and work up a lather before applying it to my wet face. I then gently scrub my face using my fingers in a circular motion before I wash it off with water. I pat dry my face with my face towel.
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner: This is the first toner that I have used in my life. While I wait till my skin has dried from the previous step I shake up the bottle to activate the toner. I splash a few drops of toner onto a cotton ball and gently wipe my face with it (avoiding my eye region). Then on the other end of the cotton ball I apply few more drops of toner to my neck. Wait for everything to dry again.
- Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion: Though this is actually more of a “Day” lotion, I use it twice a day to moisturize my face. I take a small amount of the lotion and dot my face with it taking care to apply it on my pimples and stubborn pimple marks. I again avoid my eye region as the tea tree range sometimes gives me a tingly feeling on my skin which can cause my eyes to burn.
- Vit E eye cream: I have really dry stretchy feeling skin around my eyes and sometimes my eyelids also feel weary. I dot my eye area with the cream and very gently blend it into my skin using my middle finger for less force 🙂 It feels little too sticky if I get it too near the inner corners of my eyes but now that I have learned how to apply it properly – my eye lids feel much more refreshed and less dry.
- Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream: I’ve been using this at night & I like it. It is a bit too rich for daily use so I try to use it maybe about once a week and during that time I don’t use the skin clearing lotion.
- The Body Shop Pure Tea Tree Oil: I use this on Friday and Saturday night, just dabbing a drop onto my pimples old and new with a ear bud. This is a miracle! It dries out rising pimple stars and reduces the puffiness or irritation caused by the really fat pimples.